This policy is effective as of January 1, 2020.
Protecting privacy is an important priority at Health Management Concepts, Inc. dba HMC HealthWorks (HMC) and its subsidiary, CareClinic+.
CareClinic+ is the Next Generation of Care Management plus Concierge Primary Care.
We are committed to maintaining strong and meaningful privacy protections. We will never anonymize your information (data) or sell to any 3rd Party, because the privacy of your information is a significant responsibility, and we value the trust you place in us.
HMC – and its subsidiaries – are required by applicable federal and state laws to maintain the privacy of PII that we hold, develop, and receive from other sources. We are also required to provide you with this policy about our privacy practices, our legal duties, and your rights concerning your personal information and any information of a family member who may also be using the services of CareClinic+.
How Information is Collected and Used
Any HMC Site, the CareClinic+ Site and the CareClinic+App is meant to provide information on programs and services. The app is also meant to provide members of CareClinic+ through their employer with the tools and technology you need to communicate with your CareClinic+ concierge services, your direct primary care physician or nurse practitioner.
The only personally identifiable information our Sites or our CareClinic+ app obtains is information that you voluntarily provide. The Sites or app collects certain information from you in three ways: (I) from web and app server logs, (ii) with cookies and web + app analytics tools, and (iii) directly from you.
We do not track your information on our app, other than to provide you or a family member of the CareClinic+ program with information you need to track your health and wellness path.
By using an HMC Site and/or our CareClinic+ app technology you agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy.
1) Why We Collect PII and Other Information
- We use this information to help us deliver more relevant and better marketing messages on the HMC Sites and CareClinic+ app and on non-HMC websites or via email, as well as for performance measurements and other business analytics purposes.
- This information is used to modify the content you see, manage the frequency with which you see a message from us, to tailor messages to better match your needs, and understand the effectiveness of our messaging and our programs.
- We use this information to manage and protect the HMC Sites, our CareClinic+ app, our network, and users from fraudulent, abusive, and unlawful uses.
2) What PII and Other Information Do We Collect
- When you use the HMC Sites, or the CareClinic+ app, information is collected about your device and your visit including browsing and searching activity as you interact with the either our Sites or CareClinic+ app; about your IP address; about the web addresses of the sites you come from and go to next; and about your connection, including your device’s browser, operating system, platform type, and internet connection speed.
- When you communicate with us directly, we collect information you provide such as the reason for contacting us and your contact information and personally identifiable information.
- Personally Identifiable Information includes:
- Individual’s first and last name
- Home or physical street address
- An email address
- A telephone number
- A Social Security number
- Or any other information that permits a specific individual to be contacted physically or online
- Member’s birthday
- Height, weight, hair color
- Anything else about the member (s) that’s collected online and stored by HMC or CareClinic+ in personally identifiable form.
- Additional Member Privacy
- If you create a member account for yourself and your family members, we will collect the contact details required by CareClinic+
- You can log into your member profile and correct, amend, or delete information about yourself or a family member at any time.
3) How We Collect and Use PII and Other Information
- We collect information when you communicate with us and when you use the HMC Sites, and/or CareClinic+ app.
- We obtain contact information and other marketing lead information per #3 and #4 above only for purposes of providing you with better health services for you and your family.
4) Sharing PII
We will never release, sell, rent, anonymize, or otherwise provide the PII of any user to any third-party unless: (1) you expressly tell or permit us to disclose such information or (2) we believe in good faith that we must do so to comply with a legal requirement found in a law, whether State or Federal or regulation, or when served with a search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
5) Children’s Privacy Protection
The HMC Sites and the CareClinic+ app is not designed for or targeted toward children.
We will not knowingly collect and maintain personally identifiable information directly from children under 13 years of age, unless this information as a member of CareClinic+ is required for services. If you think we have collected PII from a child under 13 years of age for whom you are the member parent or guardian, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address provided in Section 9 below.
All HMC Sites and CareClinic+ app uses appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect PII and other information collected from our Sites’ visitors and app members who communicate directly with us.
Use of the internet is solely at your own risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. We take measures to protect the security of your PII and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. However, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to us over the internet. We are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the internet.
Actual or attempted unauthorized use of our Sites and/or mobile app may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. For your protection, HMC reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on our Sites without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on our Sites or mobile app.
This Policy may be revised from time to time as we add new features and services, as laws change, and as industry privacy and security practices evolve.
However, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of material changes we make to this Policy. We display an effective date on the policy above so that it will be easier for you to know when there has been a change. Please know that you are responsible for regularly reviewing this Policy and as a member of CareClinic+ know your protection rights.
Your continued use of any HMC site or CareClinic+ mobile app constitutes your acceptance of the revised terms. Small changes or changes that do not significantly affect individual privacy interests may be made at any time and without prior notice.
We regularly review our compliance with this Policy. If you have any questions or suggestions about how we treat personal information, please contact us at:
181 Commodore Drvie
Jupiter, FL 33477
Attn: HMC & CareClinic+ Privacy Officer